Monday, January 7, 2013

Challenge #46 Winners and Design Team Announcement!!

We had a great time admiring your projects this year. From New Year's cards to New Year's goals and projects there was so much variety to admire!!

Inlinkz chose Sheena B as our winner this week.  
Sheena had been admiring a technique for awhile now and decided to pull it out of the old idea bin to make this birthday card for a Sweet 16 being celebrated early in the New Year.


Sheena, congratulations and thanks for playing. We hope to see you again soon as a Guest Designer for an upcoming challenge. Please feel free to add this badge to your blog.


The Design Team chose these two deserving projects as our Top 2 Picks!

Brenda Haskin joined Use It Tuesday for the first time ever.We were inspired by her 2013 journal. Brenda, we hope you'll make the "intentional" decision to come back and play with us again soon!!


And Kari Ann who re-purposed some very cool birthday party centerpieces into beautiful storage containers for her crafty stash.


Thank you for kicking off 2013 with us and please feel free to add the Top 2 Pick badge for your blog, ladies. Congratulations and thanks for playing!!


And, it's time to announce the new Term 4 Use It Tuesday Design Team. Our new team of fantastic ladies has some familiar faces and some new faces! We're really excited for the challenges that are coming and can't wait to see what this creative bunch makes for you. 

Returning to Use It Tuesday for a second team is...

 

My name is Carolina, I'm a 32 years old Chilean girl in love with paper crafts. I live in Santiago, with my fiancé and our 4 year old little girl named Isidora. I work full time as translator and foreign trade assistant in a multinational company. I started scrapbooking in 2004, I took a break on 2007 and started over again on 2010, but this time with way more energy and resources that in my beginnings. I would define my style as clean, simple, colorful and playful. I work mainly on layouts, but lately I am so interested in altering stuff and decorating my home with paper. I love big titles, dimension, stitching and mist. I'm so excited to be one more term in the DT of Use it Tuesday, the girls here are awesome, and I still have loads of unused supplies waiting for me to decide to use them, this is the right place to be :)
 

My name is Danielle, born in 1981 so you do the math :-) I live in The Hague, which is a big city near the beach in The Netherlands. I have been collecting scrap supplies since 2004....oh and sometimes I actually do scrapbook ;-) This place is perfect for me to finally use all of my collectables and to try some older techniques again. Mostly I make layouts, but mini albums are also a favorite of mine. I don't have kids of my own, so I 'steal' lots of photos of my niece and nephew to scrap. Besides photos of them I scrap a lot about my travels. Traveling is one of my other hobbies, love to see new places and meet new people! I'm really looking forward to another term over here at Use it Tuesday, thanks for having me again!!




My names is Stephanie, and I live in New Mexico. I am a mom to three kids - a 5 year old girl, a 3 year old boy, and a 1 yo girl. My days are filled with keeping them happy and safe, teaching online classes for our local community college, trying to keep the house presentable, and crafting! I have always liked to craft, but I really got into scrapbooking two years ago. Before then, my "stash" could fit in roughly a 1ft by 1ft by 1ft container - including most of my tools. Now, just my 12x12 papers take up more than that! So, I am here to use my stash and help others find creative ways to stop hoarding and CREATE!


Hello there! I'm Tammy and I live in Calgary Alberta Canada with my wonderful husband and my sweet, crazy little 3.5 yr old. I am a huge movie fan and I also love country music, world travel and diet Coke! I have been papercrafting for about 7 years now. I love surfing the net for inspiration as well as magazines. I often check out blogs, so you never know when I might stop by yours! I am excited to be on my second term for Use It Tuesday. It has been such great fun, going through my stash and slowly making a dent in all that I have accumulated. This is the perfect DT for me with a wonderful bunch of ladies to create with! We have some fabulous challenges for you coming up over the weeks and I can't wait to see what you create with them.

And joining us for the first time this term will be...

Hello! I'm Nicole, a single gal living in Green Bay, Wisconsin. I'm anything but a morning person; therefore, you'll find me crafting late at night with coffee in hand. I fell in love with card making and scrapbooking 3 years ago after taking a job designing for a paper arts store; however, I have always felt a strong desire to create. Beyond paper, I paint, draw, and sew. Just recently, I created a functioning craft room in my apartment and can't wait to begin this term with Use It Tuesday, using all the goodies I found buried in the previous mess. I hope to inspire you to do the same!

I'm Sherri, a Canadian girl, married to the sweetest guy around.  We have 3 girls who keep us on our toes with the amount of Competitive Dance classes they take in a week.  I love coffee, especially when it's shared with friends, and even more so when it's over breakfast, my favorite meal of the day.  I love roller coasters, sushi, enjoy a good movie on a Saturday night, reading on the beach, and have a tough time deciding between sweet or salty.  My scrapbook style is somewhat fluid, and often includes layers and bits and pieces while always maintaining a good balance of white space. Although not a hoarder by nature when it comes to pretty paper and embellishments I tend to struggle to use it up before getting more. Use It Tuesday is the prefect place to begin changing that bad habit. Looking forward to a great term with you all.


Hi! My name is Stacey and I live in Virginia with my wonderful husband and two children. We are a proud military family getting ready to embark into the civilian world as my husband is retiring after 24 years of service. My two children are the light of my life. My daughter is currently away at college and my son just recently graduated high school and is a firefighter/EMT. I am extremely proud of both of them. I have been papercrafting for about 6 years now. It all started one year when my hubby got a box and filled it with odds and ends of scrapbooking supplies for a Christmas gift after he remembered me saying I would like to try it. I have been hooked ever since. :) Scrapbooking slowly turned into card making which then turned into altered items. I love it all! My biggest problem is "collecting" my stash, you know all that pretty paper that we buy (at least I do) and then I don't want to cut it cause it's so pretty....haha! I am so glad to be a part of this fabulous group so that I can actually begin to start using it.

Hey! My name is Tracy and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. I am a newly wed to my talented husband Sean (a band teacher) and stepmother to 2 beautiful teenage girls, Zoe and Margaret. So you'll find us somewhere between highland dance classes, piano lessons or volleyball practice through the week. Rounding out our little family is our crazy pooch Kya. Aside from paper crafting I am a classical musician playing the french horn, I love to kayak and with the family we love to watch movies and geocache. I've been a paper crafter for about 14 years. Although I do a little of everything, I LOVE to scrapbook. I am excited to be a part of the Use it Tuesday design team, as I hope it will force me to dig deeper into my stash. What I love to collect most? Paper and flowers!

And, Heather will remain as our Design Team Coordinator...


Hi, I'm Heather. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada with my husband, our young daughter and two always entertaining cats. I focus on card-making, which I've been into since 2008, but, occasionally I'll spread my crafty wings and dabble in other things, such as 3D projects, digital scrapbooking, or sewing. This is my fourth term at Use It Tuesday and while Use It Tuesday has helped me greatly in encouraging me to use my stash, my real talent seems to be that I can buy stuff faster than I use it!! <blush> I think I said it last term, but this time I really mean it...I'm trying REALLY HARD to concentrate on using what's in my craft room, rather than buying more! My other challenge this term is finding time to get into my craft room with a toddler in the house. Wish me luck!

As you can tell from this list, we have to say thank you to a few DT Members who are moving on to other projects and goals. Thank you a million times to Cathy, Haven, Marjolaine, Tess and Victoria. 
We will miss you!

That's it for today. Come back tomorrow, January 8th, for our first challenge of the New Year!